Sunday 16 March 2014

Meet your 2014 committee : Coordinators

This year we have a new committee, so we thought it would be nice to say hi and let you know a little about us! 
Hi I'm Sarah and since 2009 I've worked at the University of Western Sydney in a variety of roles from Digital Discoveries & Services Librarian to Liaison Librarian. I'm currently the Psychology & Social Sciences Librarian based at the Bankstown campus, although I've taken maternity leave in 2014 to learn the new skills (challenges?) of parenting.

I've been in the ALIA Sydney committee since 2012 because I wanted to be involved in creating interesting events for people to attend and learn from. I'm passionate about increasing access to information and I'm an advocate for open access. There are currently so many exciting developments and challenges for our profession that I think forming networks, swapping ideas, and making friends with others from different workplaces is crucial. Attending ALIA events and meeting new people has definitely helped me develop my skills and broaden my outlook as an information professional.

I hope to see you at an ALIA Sydney event soon!

Sarah Fearnley
Coordinator, ALIA Sydney

Hi there, I'm Gabby, one of the coordinators of the fabulous ALIA Sydney Committee. I am the Librarian at Morling Theological College. Working in a small, special academic library has proven to be challenging and varied but also extremely rewarding.
I joined ALIA Sydney in 2013 after attending one of their events to get more involved and learn from and with others in a fun environment.

Hope to see you all at our upcoming events.

Gabrielle Fury,

Coordinator, ALIA Sydney
@GabrielleFury

You can reach us, and the rest of the committee, at aliasydneygroup@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment